Monday, May 25, 2009

China still trying to duck the dollar!

FT Reports on why China is trying to bad mouth the US dollar!

I think its all a game. I don't think they really want to get rid of the dollar, but just tell everyone that they will get rid of the dollar and then they would have what?

This is one time where I feel political rhetoric can do more damage than good. Since the Chinese are holding onto a crap load of US assets and money, then why would they create a stir to cause folks to lose confidence in the dollar and further devalue their own investment?

I can never understand politicians....

2 comments:

X said...

Youri,

I found your blog while looking for opinions on the U.S. dollar. Needless to say, I was impressed by the independent thinking presented in your posts. Anyone who would like to share their predictions regarding the future of the U.S. dollar is invited to take the $USD poll at http://houseofexile.blogspot.com

Thanks and best wishes

Youri_Kemp said...

Hi X,

Thank you. Have not had a chance to check out your blog as of yet. But, will take the poll.

Best,

Youri