Saturday, December 27, 2008

New Year resolutions!!!

I would like to extend a Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa and Happy Chunnukah (not sure if that's spelled correctly), first and foremost.

Now, I would like to wish a Happy and prosperous New Year to all of the readers. What will be the New Year's resolutions for 2009?

I know we all have a few things we need to put on the wish list and right now, you need to give it serious thought--not that I'm telling you folks. LOL....

New Year resolutions are sort of a private thing. I for one think that you should write them or discuss them (of sorts) with yourself, or with a spiritual leader--or someone you trust in that fashion.

I would like to say, however, is that anything is possible. Just hope and pray and wish for it, and work towards it even in the slightest fashion and you WILL reach success!!

True and I know it!!

Happy New Year!!!

Youri Kemp

2 comments:

Andrus Purde said...

I'm a big fan of making resolutions, small or big, throughout the year, not just once a year. But I think resolutions can and should be public. 'Peer pressure' can be a good thing.

So much so that myself and two friends created Pledgehammer on our free time. It provides an easy way to write resolutions down, have a concrete deadline and share with whoever you want to share them with. All of the above increases the chances of a resolution becoming a reality. It also has a charitable 'flipside' to it - if you can't stick to your resolution Pledgehammer asks you to donate money to charity. So whether you stick to your resolution or not, either way the world will be a little bit better.

Would love to hear if this helps people keep their resolutions.

Youri_Kemp said...

Hey Andrus,

Thank you for stopping by. Great website plug.

I am not averse to website plugs myself.

Best,

Youri